Last Thursday, I went to The Power Conference, a women's conference here in Maryland. There was a speaker that I really enjoyed, her name is Carla Harris. I'd never heard of her, but here she was and let me tell you, she commanded the room and received a standing ovation.
Here's some of the tidbits I wrote down (may not be exact as I was writing as fast as I could, lol).
———————— MY NOTES ————————
Customers are requiring a level of transparency these days. You must be transparent in your …
- Product 2.0
The two most important questions you must ask yourself is …
- Why should they choosing me?
- Why now?
I LOVED THIS ONE …
- Community Builds Business
- People Build Communities
- Community = Connections
- Community Creates Opportunity
L = Leverage
* Powerful & Impactful
* You will not get the best ideas if you've focused on fault or failure
* Inspire team to get the best ideas
E = Efficiency
* Be clear what your success looks like
A = Authenticity
* Bring your best self and authentic distinct competitive advantage = uniquely you.
* Be who you are!
D = Decisiveness and/or Diversity
* Cost of inaction costs more than the cost of the mistake
* innovation is the dominate competitive advantage
* Experiences are born from people so your team must be diverse
E = Engagement
* Creates stickiness, creates loyalty
* What motivates
R = Risk
* Must be comfortable taking risk
* Failure always brings the gift of experience
Although this video is not the same presentation, I wanted to share a piece of what I enjoyed. Hope you enjoy too! 🙂