Have you ever sent out an email with the wrong link in it?
When you have the right system in place sometimes you can fix the oops in a slick way. 🙂
So I sent out an email last Friday and stated “If you'd like to share this info, here's the blog post…”
Guess what? That link went to the original URL (WordPress gave it initially) before I fixed the title and the link address. So by the time the email went out the web address had changed.
I noticed it the link was wrong within 30 minutes of sending the email, I was about to write that OOPS email, you know the one …. 🙂 When I remembered I use a handy plugin on my site called Pretty Link Pro (they have a free version too). Simply plugged in the wrong address and redirected to the RIGHT URL using Pretty Link Pro and everything is just peachy! No need to send out an oops email. 🙂
I use Pretty Link Pro in a few ways:
- In this case, I fixed an oops issue. 🙂
- I give any documents uploaded to my WordPress site a pretty link address (URL).
- If I want to redirect to an affiliate, many times I use Pretty Link instead.
- I create a redirect to my scheduler, because I can't remember the crazy links they give me for my different types of appointments.
- If I put something on another platform and I don't want to give a freakin' long URL then I just redirect using Pretty Link.
I'm sure there are some that I'm forgetting but you get the general idea! 🙂
If you're one of my regular clients and you want it added to your site, please let me know. 🙂
I LOVE having fantastic systems in place (as well as helping my clients do the same)!!!