(If you don't have Infusionsoft, please stay with me,
there's a gem or two here for you as well.)
The Infusionsoft mobile app called Snap is no longer. Now it's all wrapped up into the ONE Infusionsoft mobile app.
This app allows you to take a picture of a business card and it gets sent to the Infusionites (Infusionsoft Employees) to transcribe the information for you. They let you know when it's ready, you approve, add tags, then the info is added to your CRM (Customer Relationship Manager).
THIS is one of my FAVORITE aspects of Infusionsoft!
I want to take you a step further. (An example of how I learn from my clients and others EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!)
Let's say you have a tradeshow booth or a sponsorship booth (or even as a speaker) and you have people fill out their contact info on paper (could be a little piece of paper or a full-page form). (This is a perfect PLACE to use AUTOMATED systems!)
Now you may think your next step is to enter all the contact information into your CRM manually.
WRONG! (Love saying that when I have a way better solution for you!)
With the Infusionsoft Mobile App, just like with a business card, you take a picture of the contact information and let the Infusionites do the work for you. The best part is there's NO EXTRA CHARGE!!!
Now what if you don't have Infusionsoft (or you want more of the info transcribed).
- Simply take those pieces of paper or forms and scan them in (with a flatbed scanner, fit as many as you can) and scan away until the stack is done.
- Hire someone (e.g., Fivver, Upwork, etc.) for data-entry.You'll want the information returned in two formats (in two phases).Send them the scanned file (with all the contact info scanned).
(a) Phase 1: an Excel spreadsheet (or Google Sheet if you prefer) to review SOME of the data.
(b) Phase 2: in the format specified for your specific CRM.
- PHASE 1 complete, you'll spot-checked the data.
- Once the data passes your spot-check, now ask the contractor to complete PHASE 2.
- Import the file into your CRM. (If you're not that technical, you may want to get help with this as well.)
Be sure to protect yourself and GET PERMISSION to email them “marketing materials” before you check that little box! Could be as simple as asking them if they mind if you send them a few emails that will benefit them. 🙂
I don't recommend giving a temporary person access to your system.
Please let me know how these tips help you and obviously if you have any questions.
Finally, if you'd like to discuss automating your systems or if you DON'T have Infusionsoft and you'd like to discuss adding it to your systems or whether it's even the right product for you, please schedule some time for us to talk about it.